View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

No set date to over back yet.. But I Would say ballpark of 1 year..
My plans for the truck are to go hard core "ish" with this truck. And finally do my truggy that I've been wanting to do.. Mostly because this truck has a lot more rust than I was hoping for.. It also has the frame rust hole issue between the bed and cab location..so cutting the frame in half and doing a truggy would actually solve a lot of issues that could arise by keeping the rusty frame..

I would like to do full width axles.. I'm thinking. Dana 60's not sure.. I haven't researched all of the different options. But I like what kimmel has set up and his seems to work great..

Another issue I'm not sure about yet is the fact that I need the truck to tow a enclosed trailer. And I haven't researched coil overs options enough to know if I can do a 4 link with coilovers (truggy) and still have the abilities to tow...

So what I want, might have to sacrifice a tad for what I need..
Another random thought that might be a issue, is if I truggy it and hook a trailer to it 14' long. I it going to tow oddly because the hitch is closer to the axle as a truggy compared to OEM being several feet behind the axle..