View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Let make sure I understand, you are using a plane-mounted NMO (or mag-mount, lip mount, it doesn't matter really) with a SO239 adapter to a short coax feedline to a bar-mount antenna?
That is correct, about a 3 foot pig tail would take me to a Yakima roof bar that will only be on when I have the RTT. I agree it would be sub-optimal, just how much.

I understand what you are are saying, I think. But as you stated, for a short run, it may not make a difference. I wish I had an antenna analyzer, that could help answer some of these questions. NMO mounts are cheap so maybe I can just try it out. It think a sketch could help the discussion along, as I am not sure I understand the PL259/SO259 discontinuity concern.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin