Thread: Pearl Pass
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Pearl Pass

Ok, looking for some feedback as well as tossing out an open invite if anyone wants to join for a leg of the trip.

A buddy and I are headed to Crested Butte on Aug 28. We thought we would make a day out of it and head over Pearl Pass from Aspen. Of course that all depends on whether it is open by then, which at this point is still questionable. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take to get from Aspen to Crested Butte over Pearl?
2. I have never run this trail. Trail Damage rates it 4-6. Anyone have any experience they can share on how difficult it is.
3. Does anyone want to go? We would leave Denver in the morning.

Planning on heading home on Saturday Aug 30, possible Sunday. For the trip home, the thought was to head up Italian Creek toward Taylor. We would probably stop some along the way or at Taylor to do a little fishing, but would like to be back in Denver that night.

This trail seems pretty moderate, especially if you stay on the Lower Reno Divide trail. Anyone have any thoughts on this segment? Would anyone like to join.

Appreciate any feedback anyone has.

Justin
78 FJ40, Rear Locker, 33's, power steering, sbc and so much more left to do.