View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default Mooses! Er, Meese? A whole lotta moose? Hmmm...

Years ago, I went with a group of friends on a backpacking trip on Isle Royale in Lake Superior (near Canada). We had set up camp and went for an evening hike. Isle Royale is so thick with growth that even the animals use the hiking trails to get around. As it was getting dark, a moose jumped out of the brush onto the trail in front of us and just stood there! We were worried he was going to charge us. We stamped our feet, clapped our hands, flashed him with the camera flash, everything we could think of to dissuade him of the notion that he should come our way. We had a little stand-off for maybe 5 minutes (it seemed lots longer at the time). Eventually, he turned around and took a giant leap back into the forest.

Isle Royale is one of the lushest places on the Earth. It's like a North American rain forest.

There are a few other good stories to tell from this trip, but it will have to be verbal, so I can deny everything later.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.