View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Rising Sun member

For us unlocked folk (well I guess I'll just talk about myself, don't know what was happening down below me), the hard-packed snow and the steep hills and switchbacks made things a little interesting. Oh and the 4/32s tread depth on my tires didn't help either . Tire chains would have helped... CJ7 Matt used quite a bit of momentum on that first hill where the white truck was, it was pretty cool him barrelling past me snow flying and engine roaring...

Got used to sliding backwards on ice I guess. My dad and I ended up doing just that about 8 times for about 100 feet each time above the second switchback (and created an ice rink for the rest of you trying to get up to that little flat spot, and then once I got above the whoops I just had to go throttle down, luckily grabbed second when I had the chance, and barely tractored up to the road after flying back and forth on the trail (no power steering, all fours spinning, ruts in the trail, basically getting knocked around) . What a great run. Lots of just gun it and go!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD