View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Rising Sun member

There's not too much...but there was unburnt fuel coming out I did notice when I came up to a stop sign driving it home from Mike's. Couldn't go above 40, still running really rough...I'm thinking maybe now it's related to vacuum advance?

-I noticed the PCV was very erratic...but I just recently cleaned it out and it was fine.
-Still need to check the fuel filter...but if I can see fuel in the glass then that should be fine right?
-I put HEET into the gas tank and have run if for about 20 minutes since then; it's been in the tank almost an hour now, no change.
-It was spitting fuel back up the carb last night when it was about ready to die, then today it actually backfired and I saw exhaust coming out of the carb once. I have the valve cover off to check the valve springs, but now I'm thinking it has to do with vacuum advance or something on the fully electronic dizzy? I don't know how to check timing or vacuum or anything, any tips?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD