View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

I assume you are talking about the MV-1050 unit. I am running two of them hardmounted in the Chili with the front bumper utilized as an air tank. They work just fine. The quality is not bad at all, especially considering my money went to building Chinese nuclear submarines .

They are a little heat-sensitive being in the engine bay, and if running one by itself it overheats and shuts down before completing the fourth tire. Running two in parallel kicks but and rivals CO2 time however, plus, you have redundancy in case of failure. I also carry a third one as a mobile unit in the other trucks. I thought of mounting them in the side panels in the rear, but couldn't come up with a good system.

Not to rub it in or anything (yeah, right), but I paid $25/each on closeout at Checkers. Checkers figured they weren't selling because they didn't plug into the cig lighter (!!!!). SO they dropped the price and they started breaking Mach 1 out the door once people knew they existed.

Dumb Checker advertising execs...
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.