Thread: Rubithon 2008
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Dave is 100% correct that it is nonstop obstacles. The only changes in the trail are the severity of the obstacles. It is a fun trail. I hope those of you who make it out there next year enjoy yourselves.

Dave told me about a trip that he did where they drove Red Fox out there and then did a coastal tour (much like ours) afterwards. He said it was one of the best trips of his life. I'm a wimp. I can't imagine doing that in a soft top. I have to say this trip was one of the best trips of my life too.

If you guys ship your rigs I'd just look in your friendly TLCA white pages and find somebody in Reno or Sacramento who would help you out on the receiving and sending. It is probably about 2-2.5 hours to the trailhead from Sacramento. But it would be about the same in any rig as it is a lot of twisty and some two lane. Reno is probably the same or a little more. I'd check shipping rates and airfare and go with whichever was cheapest. The Reno airport is awesome if you are in a hurry. It is a smaller airport and things move very fast. Reno is also a major shipping hub as there are no warehouse taxes, that might help. Porsche NA is located there.