View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default FEAT needs our help

Got this from Gene King today:

To: CoA4WDCI eGroups , CoABOD eGroups , ExecTalk@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ExecTalk] FEAT need clubs help
Date: Dec 23, 2005 4:54 PM
Ever since the last big snowstorm where FEAT was activated, I have been getting requests from other organization/hospitals for us to assist them. I have had to turn them down.

We have an agreement with Denver's Office of Emergency Management (OEM) to provide 4x4 transportation to the city's emergency service workers during a snow emergency declared by the Mayor.

When FEAT is activated, I never know how many volunteers will respond. Last time we were swamped with requests for transportation by the city's folks and, struggle as we did, we got every one transported.

Because of the many requests for FEAT service, I would like the CoA4WDCI club's to check in their local area (including outside of Denver) and locate the major hospital(s) and then contact them and offer your club's ability to move their emergency services people to and from work/home locations in case of a snow emergency. Contact me and I can provide you with an action plan.

Needless to say this is good PR for the CoA4WDCI and last time we received coverage and recognition from radio, TV, and the Post and News plus kudos' from the Mayor's office and the Denver Chief of Police.

If/when your club hooks up with a facility, please provide me with the information.

Thanks,

Gene
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/