View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
I read all that and don't see the harness connector. Can anyone help me out with a picture of said horn relay in it's proper location?
Found mine

I'll try to take a picture of it tonight. I'm not sure if it is in the stock location and somewhere along the line the factory harness/connector went bye-bye and female connectors were spliced on but it is there.

Mine is located on the top of the PS inner fender, bolted to a welded nut on the fender. Just rear of what would be the middle of the fender and it looks like this or this or this but without any stickers/markings other than the stamped B, H, and S as seen in the first link.

From the electrical diagram posted by Coolerman (here) the two horns are spliced together and connect to the "H" on the relay, power comes from the fuse block and connects to the "B" on the relay, and then a wire runs from the horn button itself and connects to the "S" on the relay.

Mine looks a little "weathered" but I haven't had a chance to test it. I'll try to clean it up and see what happens. If that doesn't work then I may just buy a new one and be done with it. Need to call Burt and see if they carry the item or if they can get it or add it to the growing list of stuff to order from CDan.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater