Thread: 40's Only Run
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
Thanks to Martin for getting the 40s only run set up. It was a LOT of fun and gave me a chance to actually drive the 40 farther than just around the neighborhood.

I didn't have my camera (couldn't find it this morning) so no pics from me , but I know several folks had camera so hopefully they'll get a chance to post up some pics over the next few days.

Weather was good, then bad, then good again . Typical CO weather...I even got hailed on coming down Fall River Rd just outside of Alice. The trail was great and the scenery was spectacular

Lessons learned today for me are that my 40 with the weber carb doesn't like high elevations at all, it makes a funny noise/sensation through the steering wheel when hitting bumps (like a rod spinning really fast and then touching something), and 8 hours in a 40 is probably equivalent to 1 week in the LX ...My back took a beating

Dude.....your back took a beating? That was the roughest ride I have been in in a long....llllloooooonnnnnnggggggg time! I had a blast too! All runs in the past were only 40's and starving carbs and vapor lock are just part of the history lesson. FYI Webers don't mind high alts! Jerry Cruiser had a great shakedown run and he now has a large list of what to do's. The next time you see it it will have morphed a huge amount! Found out on Yankee hill his vapor lock issue probably isn't vapor lock as it ONLY happens on the rear fuel tank! I took quite a bit of pics and will upload them to the gallery very soon. Also got a couple caption quests than should be good. THANK YOU MARTIN for the run!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior