Thread: 40's Only Run
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks again everyone for making the inaugural 40's Only Run a great day. The rigs we had in attendance:

Subzali, Corsair23, CardinalFJ60, Wesintl, Jerry and Uncle Ben, Rzeppa, Shorty and myself.

(plus a 4runner and a yeep that tagged along. some kind of miscommunication about the name of the run)

We headed up Kingston Peak from Tolland and had some drizzle, some sun, some wind, some rain, some more sun, and only a couple of mechanical/electrical issues that didn't slow us down much. Not bad for a bunch or 30 year old rigs. We passed a small group of FJ Cruisers coming down the trail and it was pretty cool to see them gawking and pointing at a line of old 40's motoring up the trail.

When we got down into Alice, some of the group headed back to civilization and a few of us made a loop out of the trail by running Yankee hill back towards Central City. I had never run this trail before so it was fun to see some new territory. There's a lot of trails back there and I'm planning to go back and explore some more.

I took some pics but I didn't realize my lens had a big smudgey fingerprint on it and they all look horrible. So hopefully someone posts up some better pics soon!

Some smudged photos:

Lets do this again next year!

'85 FJ60