Thread: Snow Run Fun
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Smile Great time!

We had a big turnout -- Scott and I were guessing 21 rigs. It was the most snow I've ever seen on our snow run! Had a great time.

I showed up late, but so did four others, so we had our own little group: Neil O'Malley, John (Green Machine), Ige, me, and Neil Quigley. We put the two Neils at either end of our group and called ourselves the "Neil Group."

It was good to see a bunch of people on the trail who I hadn't seen in a while. When we caught up to the main group, they were flogging up a curvy hill with deep snow, one at a time. Dean took a run in his chained-up minitruck, not quite blasting through the first time. I told him, "You need some weight in the back." He said, "Well, you can get back there." So I hopped in and help onto his well-anchored gasoline cans. It was a hoot.

Brought the 80, running boards and all. It actually performed quite well. There were lots of 80s on this run, and mine was the smallest.

We ate a ton of pizza and drank some fine Tommyknocker Pick Axe Pal Ale. Our final group of four staggered out of Beau Jo's to find that Ige had a flat tire. While changing the Ige's tire, Matt (Subzali) discovered he had no headlights. By a fluke, he then found that the bright beams were working fine. So we caravaned back to Denver, staying together as a group to make sure Ige's spare tire didn't explode and Matt's bright beams bothered only our group.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.