View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno bored View Post
Just get the Scangauge II, you don't have to rip you dash apart and digital readout.
x2 and it saved my butt coming back from Moab because as Ken said, once the stock gauge starts moving from center you are already close to troublesville. My stock gauge hits "center" at about 150F. I've seen it move higher twice, and it didn't start moving until the temp was 215F+ so it has a good 50-60F "dead zone" stock.

IIRC, in an 80 226F is the AC cutoff temp. So yeah, not much wiggle room once you see the stock gauge moving from its dead zone.

Scangauge II is also supposedly going to offer user programable selections such at ATF temp etc. - Basically if the ECU can report it the Scangauge can be programmed to read and display it, someday.

That said, if I ever have a need to take apart my dash I'll probably go ahead and do the temp gauge mod as well just for even more peace of mind
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater