View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Well damn - that's quite a bit of snow for the "banana belt." Nothing like taking a hard trail like that and throwing in some snow and darkness to make it interesting. Wish I could have made it....
I didn't think it was going to snow much because it rarely does in the banana belt...it was snowing when we hit the trailhead, but it stopped when we were going up the initial rock garden through the squeeze and even showed some sun.

It didn't really fill back in until we were up Whale Rock and heading up all the really tight stuff that leads to the top of the trail and Double Slab. Snowed steady for the next four hours it took us to get off the trail. By the time we were at "Shep's Revenge" as I believe the final wedge is called it was damn slippery, which made some of the descent points interesting.

We left "Shep's" at 4:00 pm and managed to get down before dark. I was pretty sure we weren't going to make it and were going to be heading back down through The Squeeze in the dark, which was gonna be fun, but we made it with about five minutes to spare.

Incredible day.