View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I don't think you'd get much agreement on that assessment. Was Porcupine the first trail you'd ever run in Moab? You always remember that first trail being harder than it actually is. I bet if you ran it again, you'd do it with far less pucker.
Porcupine was the first trail I had ever completed...Years ago tried Poison Spider in a stock Jeep with near bald tires and made it to just past the waterfall.

Just something about driving along a rim/ridge, off camber, where if the ass end slips you have a long way down . Maybe it was that on Fins and Poison Spider we had great spotting through any of the "tough" spots...On Porcupine most of it was just you. I think my biggest pucker was in the area where I believe Romer has a shot of him or someone with their ass end trying to slide off the rim. But heck, I puckered several times on Slaughterhouse Gulch through the off camber spots.

In the end though you are probably correct...First official Moab trail in a new to me vehicle, first trip off road,

Although Kipper and I talked after the run and he agreed that the trail seems tougher (in spots) than a 3 now. Said it seems to have deteriorated over the years.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater