View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by woooody View Post
OK, newbie question -- but let's say you were going to take an FJ Cruiser, no lift, 32's... Which trails? I'm thinking Fins and things, but what would y'all recommend?
Woooody, read my post above this one. It all depends on what you are looking for. Do you mind a scratch or two on the body or maybe a dent or two on your frame? Do you want a nice pleasure drive or one that will push you to find the right line?

Last year the FJ team took stock FJ's up Poison Spider with no damage. Great spotting and experience can make up for a stock vehicle. Your rig should have the rear locker and A-Trac, add 32" tires and you are way ahead of a "stock" rig. My advice is to go to Youtube and search for videos of other FJ's in Moab, there are a ton. See what they did and then decide if you want to do the same.

PS On our last day we did Pritchett, a FJ tagged along with us. His mods included a 3" lift, 33" tires and a front locker. With a heavy foot and little regard to damage he made the whole trail. Joe Callegia as the rest of us were duly impressed as we figured we were going to leave him at the first obstacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me