View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sharon and I had a great time today. Sharon got to drive a little bit and loved it, she is ready for more. I found out at the end of the trip why my tires did not bulge when I dropped the pressure. Seems that my fancy tire gauge I bought several years ago was off by 7 #'s. I started with what I thought was 8 #'s of pressure and dropped to 6, still no bulge like Red Chili. Once I started to air up I used my digital unit to measure the air and found out my real pressure was actually 13 #'s. That explains Moab and other trips not to mention my lack of flotation today. Live and learn.

Just an FYI, for those of you who want to buy a winch but don't want to blow a ton of cash or a short of $$$. My winch that I bought at Costco did great, I either pulled myself out or Jeff in his Lexus 470. Granted the winch did not like Jeff's big ol beast but it did the job and came back for more.

I agree with Scott, next year we may want to adjust the date. Make that this year ;-) We still had fun but it would have been better if we could have gotten around a little more. Maybe the first week of December depending on the snow conditions. After that I think we start running into Christmas parties.

Thanks again Scott for heading this up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me