View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Did my eyes deceive me, or were the mini trucks and runners outnumbering the 80's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
Nice observation. Now that you mention it, there was only one Land Cruiser. Many of us were not paying attention and calling Jeff's Lexus an 80. Marco had a 62. Everyone else had Runners, taco's or mini's.
Technically there were three...

Rover left his at the parking lot, Farnham had his 100, and then me in the LX. Farnham and Brent turned around early when they found out that Vail Pass was already closed East bound figuring they better try to get back before they closed it West bound as well. Jacket (and maybe others at the rear) followed them out with the snowcat. Considering how long it was taking to get the whale out I don't blame them for heading back. I felt bad for slowing things up so badly but not much I could do at that point

I was wondering if a 40 would "float" better than an 80 just given the weight difference. Maybe next year I'll try the 40
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater