View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Volunteer post CM 2008!

Yup. I’m putting the word out for CM08 volunteers. It's really not a scary thing, in fact just last year I gave a few hours of my down time on Wednesday morning, and immediately I saw the relief it helped create. But I don’t think everyone one realizes how the smallest contributions of time can make CM flow so much better. So here are a few Frequently Asked Questions (and answers.)

“What can I do? I don’t know the process!” – Doesn’t matter. These people will just point and shoot and you’ll know pretty quick.

“But I don’t know much about trucks…” - That’s ok, here’s a bag, just put one of each of these papers in it -or- That guy needs an XL (kids love this stuff, and last year a little five year old could stuff those things faster than I could.)

“It’s so boring!” – Sure beats being home on the couch NOT at Cruise Moab!

“It looks like they’ve got everything under control.” – Yup, ‘bout as under control as rioting bears.

Ya I know I’m a smart-ass, but seriously volunteers are a sorely needed resource that all of the CM staff utilize every day of the event. Little things ranging from helping with Tech Inspection to stuffing hand-out bags at Registration, to pitching canopies help make our lives easier. I know that after helping last year it wasn’t any sweat off of my back to donate a little effort to the people, who together, keep the one event I look foreword to every single year going. My donation of time was nothing compared to the amount of time they spend making this event happen and I will gladly donate my time if it means Cruise Moab happens next year.

Click (or copy/paste) this link for the volunteer form.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/crui...unteerForm.pdf

We all appreciate any and all time you donate to Rising Sun 4x4 in any event. Thanks to anyone who has ever donated time and to anyone who has regularly been a part of what we do. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or any of the Cruise Moab Committee Members. My e-mail is yamahafreak250@yahoo.com.

Thanks again!

Justin

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab

"Apollo"-1988, 2001 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: SAS, Duals.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver