View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Ya I have talked with a Dan and a Doug from Baily 0n .145 . Dan is on quite a bit in fact. Seem like nice enough fellows but I would rather be chatting with one of you guys! Has any one messed with the DCS encoding yet? Our own repeater would be cool but a little more geeky than I want to get into right now. Michelle might have something to say about the new metal "tree" that popped up in the back yard too!
BTW....I scored a Yaesu VX-7r with extra battery at the pawn shop a little over a week ago! Haven't played with it much but it's pretty cool! I couldn't pass it up for only $150! Guy at the PS said he had it for a while and no one knew what it was! He Googled it and found out it was an HT but thats all he knew! It seems to be in great shape and it does work....in fact I was listening to you guys rag chew last monday while cleaning the garage! I tried to beep in but no one heard me or you ignored me! I might have not had the tone set correctly either. I ordered a manual and downloaded a PDF manual so I can figure it out. I'll try it if I can tomorrow night at the rag chew.....
I also want to play with the cross band repeat feature just for fun to see how far this little HT can yak with the Cruiser backing it up! Anybody have a clue how to do that yet?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior