Thread: General License
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Rising Sun Member
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I know some of you have gone on and gotten your General license. My observations are that we mostly used 2m and most people trucks have the 2m and sometimes 2m/70cm.

I believe my Tech level covers all the bands offered by my 7800 and Vx-7r radios.

Just looking over the difference in levels, I'm not seeing any benefit in getting a General. Other than of course to say I have it

I am sure I am missing something and looking for some enlightenment from some of the truly geeky members of our club. I mean geeky as a sincere compliment here.
My reasoning was for the same reason I have Ham at all. In case of emergency or need, I can operate on most any usable channel. I have been lightly studying and to tell you the truth I'm getting my doubts if I really want to know this stuff required for the General.....just not into it now. I have what I was I might just chill and focus more on procedure and working the buttons.

TLCA #3007

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 02-16-2008 at 08:27 PM.