View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Land Use Committees

The following are the Land Use Committees, a means of delegating responsibility and workload, and keeping the focus on a particular set of 4x4 routes. I miss things too easily, these folks will keep me accountable!

By no means does this indicate that you can't be part of the action with these routes! If you would like to assist, contact me or the Trail Boss of the routes you are interested in.

Roosevelt NF
Boulder Ranger District
Jenny Creek/Rollins Pass Area

Trail Boss: Marco Capote (rover67)
Committee Members: Kevin Ehrlick (Uncle Ben), Terry Holben (Arthog), Robbie Antonson (Powderpig), Timm Buchanan (Timmbuck2), John Clary (80lolux4x4) - ed. 6/1/11

Arapaho NF
Clear Creek Ranger District
Argentine Pass/Waldorf/Leavenworth Creek Area

Trail Boss: Matt Miller (Subzali)
Committee Members: Perry Loughridge (bh4rnnr), Jeff Zettl (corsair23), Martin Huber (MDH33) - ed. 6/1/11

San Isabel NF
Salida Ranger District
Iron Chest, Pomeroy Lake, Mt. Antero

Trail Boss: Bill Morgan (Red_Chili)
Committee Members: Matt Farr (Hulk), Isaac Vimont (AxleIke), Dan Reinmuth (Convert), Steve Crase (Crash) - ed. 6/1/11

The Trail Boss is responsible for maintaining communications for the road in question, and for delegating work to committee members, and coordinating the volunteer efforts for the trail. Included is attendance for any USFS / (future: BLM) meetings related to the trail, as needed. It is his/her baby.

The Trail Boss is also expected to communicate timely information regarding the route for which he or she has taken responsibility. The Trail Boss should be the point person for this information, and will post information here in this forum.

Of course, if the USFS wants to send me stuff, I will forward the info on, and post it. I will coordinate the agreements with the USFS and BLM for Adopt-A-Road.

This structure should enable us to take on more adopt-a-road responsibilities without getting overwhelmed, or overwhelming the club. I can envision each committee simply scheduling their time as needed for an area, publicizing it to the club for others' interest, and doing the occasional fun, big-impact project. It will be like being three (or more!) clubs in one, in terms of impact.

Thanks all!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.

Last edited by subzali; 06-01-2011 at 02:55 PM.