View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotel
Thats Strange.. NetworksSoulutions was the only Registar about 5-6 years ago, then they opend it up to everyone.. thats when godaddy, verisign etc came out.. i dont know why they would want to reverse that, i use godaddy for all my Sites.. Good Prices/service!
You'd still be able to use GoDaddy as your registrar for .com names.

However, there is one registrar that maintains the master registry for each type of domain: .com, .net, .org, etc... They then sell services to every other registrar all over the world. Verisign is the master registrar for .com names. They have a contract that runs through 2012.

This agreement, which they are trying to get ICANN to agree to, would prevent the .com contract from being put out to bid when it comes up for renewal. No competitors would be allowed to bid. Plus, they'd be able to raise prices about 31% over the next several years.

It would allow for Verisign to continue to make excessive amounts of money. If you ask me, it's unAmerican. The nature of business is dealing with competition. It makes for better service and cheaper prices.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.