Thread: Waiting List
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Series View Post
What are the dates everyone starts heading up?
Some get out to Moab the weekend before CM starts (Fri, Sat, or Sun before). There is reportedly a car show in Moab that weekend that some like to attend

Others trickle in throughout the week. The earlier you get there the more pre-runs you can go on , although I have not yet been able to take advantage of that myself.

My advice to you as a first timer to CM (like I was last year), is to arrive by Wednesday afternoon at the latest. This allows you time to set up camp (if you are camping at Slickrock), relax a little, get the tech inspection completed, get checked in at registration, kibitz with folks, attend the driver's meeting, and generally soak in the atmosphere. Also allows you time to get ready for the first run the next day.

Thursday morning will be a mad scramble in the morning trying to cram late arrivals through tech inspection and registration so it is nice to be able to sit back and relax a little and not add to the stress .
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater