View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
As for South lake Tahoe hotel, On the Cali side is a Motel 8, I think a Hotel 9 (or something like that), When I have stayed at this place before I think I paid about 50/night. for the Motel 9 place. It was going though a remodel the last 2 years, so prices may have gone up if the remodel is done. Do not know if they allow dogs.
Robbie, I spoke with Jon Davis and after that I looked up some motels in S Lake Tahoe, there are a bunch to choose from. When I used Google to map out the route to the trail head it came up with 62 miles and about 2hrs. Like you said small winding roads etc.

Is there a town closer to the trail head that is "quaint" and fun to stay at? I thought there was a "Rubicon" town actually or something like that. Anyway since we will be coming out near S. Lake Tahoe we figured to stay there so the tow vehicle can be there and no driving around after coming of the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me