View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Bruce Miller's Avatar
Bruce Miller Bruce Miller is offline
Trail Ready
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Raton, New Mexico
Posts: 419

You can substitute your SSN number for an EIN number. You need to complete a shipper's export declaration and a commercial invoice. The UPS store can help with that, or you can do it on line. It is less expensive to use a freight forwarder. Search the Denver area for one. They will collect your freight locally and ship to the coast, consolidate all their outgoing freight there then ship. Any problems and you're dealing with a local outfit. The freight forwarder is the least expensive way to go but it's slower because of the wait as they consolidate on the coast prior to shipment. Post 9-1-1 got the government involved big time and made the process difficult. We ship to China and the Far East all the time. Big pain in the butt!

1966 FJ45 LWB Pickup
1985 BJ74 RHD
2006 UZJ100 with HDFT-E/H151F
2008 URJ200
Reply With Quote