View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Rising Sun member

After giving it some more thought, I'm not going to make it. Count me out.

EDIT:
I wasn't going to take my truck anyway from the get-go. I don't meet the minimum requirements and didn't want to risk driving that far with the potential damage that could be incurred due to lack of experience, lack of tire size, lockers, body armor, rear recovery point, not to mention being weighed down with camping gear etc. that I don't have an effective way to store.

So since I wasn't taking my truck I had to weigh the benefits of me going with someone else. Basically I saw a lot of $$ in registration, lodging, and fuel splitting, money that I'd prefer to use to pay off my credit card for good and start working toward other long-term goals. Plus my priorities are changing a lot right now, Cruise Moab taught me that and even though it was a blast and I had a great time it also gave me time to think about what I was doing and why I was there and I concluded that Cruise Moab was acceptable given the circumstances but Rubithon is not. It's very likely that Cruise Moab next year may not be acceptable, we'll see; at the moment I don't plan on going.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD

Last edited by subzali; 06-09-2008 at 09:21 AM.