View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I've got my old tie rod and drag link w/ ends that we could drag along if needed, also my front driveshaft- maybe just take the little spline end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
... A spare drive flange with one of the knubs ground down so you can use it for the template to relocate the dowel pins in case you shear them off. Can also use this driveplate for a spare.

Valve steps, tire plug kit. 6 spare wheel studs and 6 lug nuts. Press these into the tire carrier on the bumper and remove them if needed.

All the bolts from a knuckle assembly as well. The top trunion cap, caliper bolts etc. Set of front and rear brake pads. Also try to get a brake line cap (old brake line fitting with a small piece of line that is soldered shut) Helps to cap the brake system if you trash a brake line.
Hey Christo how about putting together a little used parts care package for your boys here? the drive flange, knuckle parts, steering arms, etc. Or how about I swing by some night and rob what I need from one out back? you can have it all back when we return, or we could just call it the official Rising Sun Sleeoffroad 80 Recovery Package (RSS8RP) that travels with the club each summer as we take over the next TLCA event? Comes in a fancy Sleeoffroad recovery bag, complete with inventory sheet and price list- call me crazy...

But it would be cool to have a complete knuckle with us. I also had a thought that I should just buy another set of stainless brake lines, keep them in the plastic then if no one needs them return them? In fact for that matter why not a new tie rod set & new DC shaft, no use getting my hands dirty with old parts

www.gamiviti.com