View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Rising Sun Member
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
I didn't check the pricing on the AA (Mark's) gears, but they can't be more than a rock box, orion or extra t-case. OTOH, there's alway the NP203 add-on. They're not too expensive and are a fairly common mod on 60s. Anything you add to the back of the tranny will require retubing the driveshafts, and that's certainly not free.

It's very rare to convert a 62 to a manual tranny, and I haven't seen much or heard much from my friends on details. I'm assuming that the t-case that goes behind the A440F is not a bolt up to the H55F. If it is, then another place to look would be to regear the diffs, as far as cost/benefit. Part of the calculus to that decision is what size tires you plan to run.

I've been out of that loop for a short time but I believe the 203 reduction box is only a viable option with a GM transmission.

Groucho has done the H55/FJ-62 swap...ask him about details if needed!
TLCA #3007

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior