View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Originally Posted by mtncrsr View Post
On the toilet issue, I do not have a PETT toilet and I really rather not spend the money to buy something that I probably won't use again. Are there alternatives? Does anyone have a spare tha I could borrow?
We're in the same boat, so our solution will be to rig up something functional and cheap. Think boaters and groovers... Probably something like an old 5 gallon bucket modified with a cheap-o toilet seat. The true dirt bag way is heavy duty 3 mil trash bags and kitty litter, but since we won't have a roof rack to stash the toxic sludge, we'll probably splurge on Wag Bags and PETT chemical powder. Hoping to stay in the range of $25 for the whole thing, since we only really need to use for 4 days.
'91 Pickup - Imelda
'08 Tacoma TRD - Donna
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29

"Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. " --Albert Einstein