Thread: flat towing
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
Yeah, for only $1499!! I might as well drive the 40 out.
The price is high for that unit but there are others available online. I was mostly sending it out for the different state laws. Like UB said, you most likely will never have a problem with either the law or the 40. I have flat towed the 4Runner with my GMC 1500, I don't like it but I would do it again if I had to. We thought about flat towing it out to California to save on fuel but in the end decided against it. the wear and tear on the truck and tires for 2400 +- miles and possibility of a major malfunction just was not worth it.

Having said that, I also have to say that if you were to get into an accident while flat towing the 40 as it sits now. If somebody got hurt your insurance may not pay. After doing some research and asking around getting into an accident with a trailer with no brakes puts the liability squarely on the drivers shoulders. I also looked about flat towing and tow dollies, pretty much the same deal. I don't want to scare you but look into it before you decide one way or another. Every state has a little bit different laws regarding (flat) towing and dollies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me