Thread: Get to go back
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Get to go back

Well I just sent in my registration to go back to one of the greatest trails and events in our world. The Rubithon. I can't wait. My newly rebuilt runner gets to make a return trip to Lake Tahoe. It had a great time before in 2000 and should be even better now.

I've been catching up on all the threads you guys have been working on. Man you guys are planning and figuring way more than I'm used to in all the travels I've done. But I guess it has to be done. I tend to keep things simple and will probably do that again on this trip as well. Especially entering this late in the game.

I am not sure if I will flat tow or just drive the runner yet. But have to make a decision in the next couple of days. No more time after next tuesday to work on anything before leaving.

At this point in time I plan on leaving on Sunday Fathers day. This will get me into Meek's Bay campground on Monday evening and gives me Tuesday to recoup, relax, get supplied up, have an ice cream cone on the shores of south Lake Tahoe and get ready for the trail. Somehow I will meet up with you guys Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning. Have to work that out.

I tend to go solo on this stuff. Remember I camp about 30 to 40 nights a year with my scouts and deal with groups as big as this one all the time. Harder than you think. But it can be alot of fun. Let me know what I need to do to help though.

I see there is talk of meeting this friday and discuss this stuff. Let me know if this is true.

Anyway, I am looking forward to lending my experience on this trail and helping the Rising Sun be successful on a great trip.

Cheeseman
________
BLACK ****

Last edited by Cheeseman; 04-01-2011 at 02:08 AM.