Thread: Cargo nets...
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I want a net that I can move from the rear to just behind the drivers seats. I will load quite a bit mid ship to distribute weight better and a movable net is a good idea! This is also why I do not want any more passengers other than a co-pilot as the butt heavy 80 doesn't need everything packed in the butt!

UB,

I was looking at that possibility last night . Thinking Rubicon here and either having the 2nd row seats out or folded.

A quick look makes me think the net would work behind the second row seats but it would require some creativity on mounting points. You would definitely need to come up with some way to attach the bottom straps to the floor and then something to attach the top straps to. Possibly the grab handles again?

As a point of time reference, it took me about 10 minutes Monday night to remove the net and reinstall it "upside down" so the net is definitely quickly movable. Much quicker to install and remove than the metal doggy barrier I used in the past, and the net doesn't leave a "dent" in the headliner . Although the dent went away so maybe that isn't a concern.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater