Thread: Cargo nets...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

New pictures...

Got the net "flipped" and it seems to fit much better . All I can say is I was in hurry mode to make CM08 and was just happy to get the net installed for the trip and never bothered to pay much attention to something as trivial as there possibly being a top and bottom to the net

Anyway, here are the pics and you can decide for yourselves. For my purposes the net works fine. My one comment is it might be a couple inches too long but my feeling could change if I were to install some footman loops and really get it pulled snug side to side. But, I'm thinking rather than installing footman loops I might look into having some attachment points fabbed up that can be installed under the grab handles and seat belt attachment points...

NOTE: The way I have the net currently installed required the use of 4 additional straps (purchased with the net). 2 are used on the top loop to go from the loop on the net to the 2nd row seat grab bars (allows me to "center" the net behind the seats). The other 2 I used to lengthen the straps that are attached to the net loops I have secured to the 2nd row seat side hinges (can be seen in the 5th picture - note the two buckles).

Attached Images

TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater