View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Overland (whatever that means) Return From Rubithon

Talking to Cheeseman last night, he was interested in what Kirsten and I are doing on the return leg. I've mentioned it before, we are taking the back, back, back way home and would enjoy having traveling companions. I think someone else was coming along for some (or all?), but my memory is bad. So I'm starting this thread to get some ideas and collect information in one place.

The point is to tick off Great Basin, US50 through Nevada and the ferry at Hall's Crossing, since we've never done that stuff. We'd also like to get back to Capitol Reef and the San Rafael Swell and finish a road (Burr Trail) we didn't get to do last time we were down there. We'd also like to drive Muley Twist Road, which was a ton of fun and led to a fantastic overlook of the Waterpocket Fold. Don't anticipate doing much of anything particularly difficult beyond our typical high clearance roads.

Approximate Itinerary:
Sunday 6/22 - Hotel in Tahoe (shower, restock supplies, hot tub, beer, dinner, beer, beer)
Monday 6/23 - Great Basin NP (probably in the Park campground)
Tuesday 6/24 - TBD, around Capitol Reef, Kodachrome, etc.
Wednesday 6/25 - TBD, around Moab, La Sals, Telluride, Paradox Valley
Thursday 6/26 - Denver

Google Map of Planned route

Some of the places we'll revisit:

Attachment 9247

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 08-26-2010 at 10:16 AM.