Well, met with the surgeon today and set a date for the surgery, Friday June 13th. The day after we were supposed to leave for the Rubithon
Sharon and I are bummed beyond believe but know it is the best thing for all involved.
If we would have gone I do not think I would have been able to carry my own weight on the trail, no pun intended. Leaving all the work for either Sharon or all of you is not something I would have been comfortable with doing. I would not want to slow everybody down if I could not drive and or work on the trail. Not to mention if something were to further happen to my back, getting out could have been pretty interesting.
I gave our cabin up to Jeff Z. and his three cohorts, enjoy guys, and Toni has agreed to give me a refund so we are pretty close to square. I am sure you guys will all have a great time and can't wait to see the pictures.
Hopefully my rehab will be swift and we will be able to enjoy the wheeling in the fall. Maybe next year the Rubithon will be back in the picture...........