Thread: Leaving Monday
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Rising Sun Member
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I've only driven to SLC once and that was via I70 to Green River and then North via Hwy 6/191. I don't even remember how long it took...

However, I googled the following:

80126 to West Wendover NV via the I80 route = 679 miles, 9 hrs 32 minutes

80126 to West Wendover NV via the I70 to Hwy 9 to Hwy 40 to SLC then I80 to West Wendover NV = 620 miles, 10 hours 49 minutes

Looks to be about an hour and 15 mins difference. Of course it depends where you are starting from I guess as those on the North side would have to back track South a ways to go I70. Fuel stops etc. should be similar either way...
Is there a way to find out about road construction/destruction? I-40 is a two lane all the way and as you meander down through the Wasatch there is often road construction. It is a pretty drive after Vernal but I will be sitting in the driver seat plenty long enough next week....just have no desire to purposly add more time to the commute.
I think it's cool that we have to routes! Great campfire stories are in the making!
TLCA #3007

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior