Thread: Leaving Monday
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I've only driven to SLC once and that was via I70 to Green River and then North via Hwy 6/191. I don't even remember how long it took...

However, I googled the following:

80126 to West Wendover NV via the I80 route = 679 miles, 9 hrs 32 minutes

80126 to West Wendover NV via the I70 to Hwy 9 to Hwy 40 to SLC then I80 to West Wendover NV = 620 miles, 10 hours 49 minutes

Looks to be about an hour and 15 mins difference. Of course it depends where you are starting from I guess as those on the North side would have to back track South a ways to go I70. Fuel stops etc. should be similar either way...
Is there a way to find out about road construction/destruction? I-40 is a two lane all the way and as you meander down through the Wasatch there is often road construction. It is a pretty drive after Vernal but I will be sitting in the driver seat plenty long enough next week....just have no desire to purposly add more time to the commute.
I think it's cool that we have to routes! Great campfire stories are in the making!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior