View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Hard Core 4+

Got most of the rest of my stuff done this weekend. Hacked in power for the back and bolted down the Engel Slide Lock. Still need to do a couple of small things on the truck, oil change, grease driveshafts, probably clean the outside (lots of greasy handprints, can't represent with a filthy truck) and vacuum the inside. Started packing the Action Packers last night. I need to collect all the spare parts and stuff into one or two boxes.

I did hit a major snag yesterday with recovery gear. I got one of Slee's jack tools thinking that it would work on the ARB front bumper. But the orientation of the tab w/ hole is apparently different than on 80s and stuff because it does not sit flat on the bumper. I was just testing my gear and I bent the little tab on the tool. :-( So for the time being I will have to plan on using the kludged together shackles unless hopefully someone locally has an genuine ARB bumper adapter in stock.

I tried to do this, but it does not fit quite the same:

So I need this:

Just 7 days to departure!
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29

"Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. " --Albert Einstein