I am doing a computer Mapping class Saturday 6-10 at 9:00 am
This class is for the GPS Computer guy
It covers how to use Global
mapper and how it works with Garmin MapSource Bring your lap top

This class is at
Arvada Cycle
10940 w 44th Ave Wheat Ridge
303-422-3957

This class 6-10-08 is for computer users on how to identify trails and download them. This not needed for those who will drive/ride the trails or roads to just collect data.
I want to give the computer users an introduction on identifying where the gap trails/roads are and how to mark and download them so they can preload the GPS units.
To do this we will use Global Mapper and Garmin's MapSource.
You need computer skills and some experience up and down loading data from a GPS.
If you don't have a laptop to bring this will be hard to do later. Most riders/drivers will need the hands on training.
Anyone can come; but I need to cover a lot of information so I can't spend all morning teaching you how to load programs.

Please try to come with some of these programs loaded or show up early 8:30 am
A free Version of Garmin's MapSource can be downloaded.
See: http://freegeographytools.com/2007/g...ource-for-free
I will have DVD's with the free version of Global Mapper or you can buy the full version with more capabilities from me for $75.00 (normally $299.00). TIGeR Team members can download Global Mapper, Forest Service Data and Maps before the class.
See: http://groups.google.com/group/cohvc...-datadvd?hl=en
For this download you will need to be a TIGeR Team member and a member of our Google group which is password protected.

George Gangler
george@arvadacycle.com

Arvada Cycle
10940 W 44th Ave
Wheat Ridge Co. 80033
303-422-3957

PS: I am planning to do a GPS data collection Class on Gaminís MapGPS 76CSx Saturday 6-28-08 9:00 am
ige tlca #1431