View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

How's the timing between the two? On my supercharged 80 3* of initial timing makes a HUGE differance! Right now I'm at near stock initial timing and running the stock charger pulley and have the rising rate regulator vacuume line pulled so I can run mid grade fuel because of rising gas prices....I can barely beat a 4.7 runner right now but the MPG is back up to 14-15ish.
Just bumping the timing up 3* and running premium will completely change the whole torque curve and bring it in sooner!
The snorkle could be helping too as cooler/denser air will carry atomized fuel in suspension much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel 1
I have two 1997 80's that are almost identical mechanically but one has noticably more power than the other. Here are the specifics:

TLC 1:
115,000 miles
Supercharged
NGK plug wires
Factory intake
Magnaflow exhaust
4.10 gears

TLC 2:
185,300 miles
Supercharged
Factory plug wires
Safari snorkel
Spark plugs changed 9 months ago or so
Factory exhaust
4.10 gears
(this is the one I have listed for sale)

TLC 2 has noticably more power off the line and when passing. Could it be that I just need a tune up? Could the transmission have that effect with no other symptoms? O2 sensors? Compression has not been checked on either since I have owned them.

I meant to post this long ago but now it became more urgent since I will be selling one just incase I need to compair anything on them.

Thanks.
Seth
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior