View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Rising Sun Member
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

How's the timing between the two? On my supercharged 80 3* of initial timing makes a HUGE differance! Right now I'm at near stock initial timing and running the stock charger pulley and have the rising rate regulator vacuume line pulled so I can run mid grade fuel because of rising gas prices....I can barely beat a 4.7 runner right now but the MPG is back up to 14-15ish.
Just bumping the timing up 3* and running premium will completely change the whole torque curve and bring it in sooner!
The snorkle could be helping too as cooler/denser air will carry atomized fuel in suspension much better!

Originally Posted by Snorkel 1
I have two 1997 80's that are almost identical mechanically but one has noticably more power than the other. Here are the specifics:

TLC 1:
115,000 miles
NGK plug wires
Factory intake
Magnaflow exhaust
4.10 gears

TLC 2:
185,300 miles
Factory plug wires
Safari snorkel
Spark plugs changed 9 months ago or so
Factory exhaust
4.10 gears
(this is the one I have listed for sale)

TLC 2 has noticably more power off the line and when passing. Could it be that I just need a tune up? Could the transmission have that effect with no other symptoms? O2 sensors? Compression has not been checked on either since I have owned them.

I meant to post this long ago but now it became more urgent since I will be selling one just incase I need to compair anything on them.

TLCA #3007

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior