The front axle rebuild kit and bearings arrived. It is going to be nice to have all the new innards. The old bearings would be ok to put back in but as they likely have fewer good days ahead of them than new ones - it seemed reasonable to go ahead and put in new ones at this time. The old ones will make good spares. Here are all the parts that arrived today.
I also started painting the iron and should complete that in the next couple of days. Wes, I may reach out and take you up on the puller and dials. That said, I should be able to make it out to the yard this week for a dial(s). I stopped by a place on S Santa Fe Thursday evening. They had a 60 but someone had already pulled the dials.
My plan is to remove everything from the front of the 40 this week and to put all the new stuff on this Saturday. I've put in an inquiry on the knuckle centering tool thread to see if I can borrow the SST. Better to measure and be sure than that to just re-use the old and not really know it it is off.