View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Rising Sun member

So here's a map of the first part. You can see where we went on the upper road for the first bit. Just past the junction that cuts down to the lower road is where the sign is. Then the two water crossings, and another one to cross to the "left" side.

And then a map of the second part. Stay on 148.1A all the way and you'll get to the top where the closure is. There are many spurs, all the way up to H I think, and C is a long fun route that Brant suggest we do sometime if we'd like, it just goes way down the ridge and is kind of neat.

We didn't go up to the Santiago Mine as we normally do (well worth doing if you've never been there before) or Waldorf Mine. When I go back there this summer I would also like to check out the switchbacks above Santiago and the overlook of Grays/Torreys trailhead. Also try to get up on Argentine Pass and check that out too, since I've never been up there.

Here's a picture of our Adopt-a-Road sign (which was gone and we had to replace):

Working on the hood to accomplish our task:

Group shot of the finished sign:

Stay the Trail poster!

The creek crossings:

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD

Last edited by subzali; 03-09-2011 at 08:25 AM.