Thread: BOWAGWR Pics
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhancock View Post
Matt,

I've got the tranny that came out of my 81 fj40 when the sm420 went in if you need it. The sm420 was swapped in by the PO so I have no idea of it's condition, but I was told that it worked great. PM me if you're interested. I believe it's an H41, not sure if that would work with your setup but I know I don't really have much need for it.

-Justin
Did it have a low 1st gear? I would guess it's an H42 splined to match the split case, like Hulk has. Seems to me that there's a 4 spd tranny or two floating around the club, maybe Nakman and/or Timmbuck2 have one/some?

Matt - Like Zepp said last night (and I agree), if it were his truck he'd pull the tranny hump off (pull the seats, gas tank, etc.) and take the top of the tranny off to look inside and see what's going on. That or swap it with a good 4 spd and THEN pull it apart to look at it

Glad you got home okay!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD