View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I really want some forced induction but that is lots of $$$ considering its parts only.

Rick (Landtank) was estimating $2000-$2500 in parts for his turbo kit which is getting closer to reality.
I have to agree, $4k is a lot of coin for the basic setup. Add to that fine tuning, other enhancements and cooling upgrades than might be needed and you are talking more money than you can sell most 80's for right now! A supercharger is the ideal linear power enhancement for a dual purpose rig vrs a turbo which will yield bigger power gains with cooler operating temps but less linear and predictable power curve. I do suspect a turbo could see better overall fuel economy providing the operator has right foot control. So bottom line of my post is I think CDans predictions are right on. The desire for SC's is there but actual commitment and willingness to fork over $5k (SC, belts, plugs wires, misc and taxes) is probably more talk than action. More practical upgrades would be an engine swap or home made turbo setups!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior