Thread: 08 gtr
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Rising Sun member

Saturday we went back over Hancock to St. Elmo to meet up with the rest of the group, and then came back, went up to the Alpine Tunnel (west portal), then all the way down to the campground.

Sunday we went over Cumberland Pass to Tincup:

The group took off towards Taylor Park and over Cottonwood Pass home, while Treeroot, Wes, Quigley and I headed up to Mirror Lake to check things out, and then up to the summit of Tincup Pass (it would have been nice to go all the way over to St. Elmo, as was originally planned, but alas too much snow blocking the road):

You can see the dashed line - that is Old Tincup Pass - it's 0.5 mile of nice narrow rocky road with one large bouldery section that gave my 40 a few new dents in the skid plate and other places - after a little rock stacking I was up and over, and Treeroot walked it in his normal Treeroot fashion

After which we headed back to Taylor Park and up over Cottonwood an hour or so after everybody else. A great trip!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD