View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Rubithon Armor Hall of Fame (and Shame)

How about a thread about stuff that worked and maybe stuff that didn't. Bill Morgan (sliders, 'Con tested!) and Terry Holben (mid skid, 'Con tested!) both made up custom stuff for me that I wanted to throw out some club props for that. Plus some of the other stuff that I put on that made it through the Rubicon.

Here's some of the cross member/skid dealie that Terry made up for me. Based on the dents and scrapes, this last minute thing was probably a major good thing to do. We made it quite a bit too low I think and that's probably why it took a beating, but it never hung me up and being a low under belly I went with the theory that all that steel was gonna be used. Same with the sliders, rather than avoiding them I just used the outriggers as a part of the technique to get around and over stuff. Will snap photos of Bill's work, but suffice to say, his welds held up to the punishment.

Attachment 9945

Attachment 9946

Attachment 9947

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 08-26-2010 at 09:16 AM.