View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
someone was talking about using 100 pads instead of 80 pads to get a little more wear..... Can't remember who it was but Jerry at burt toyota thought Wes had mentioned it.... do they help in stopping power, or was it just a deal where they last longer ?
Supposedly both. They are bigger (have to leave the anti-squeal shims out just to get them to squeeze in there) thus they have a different wear pattern on the rotors thus the suggestion that you put on new rotors at the same time.

The 's 80 has new rotors and 80 series pads. The LX has new rotors and 100 series pads. I can't tell a difference between the two stopping power wise which IMO means the 100 series pads must be doing there thing since the LX is bigger and now weighs a heck of a lot more than the 80 . However, if the LX hadn't needed new front rotors I would have just stuck with the 80 series pads until it did.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater