View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default Just drove an FJ!

For lunch, I stopped by John Elway Toyota on Arapahoe Rd. They had three FJs: blue, yellow, silver. The silver and yellow ones are already sold. The blue one isn't for sale quite yet; it's their demo. The salesman I talked to, Pawel, was pretty interested in them and told me that he had been looking at buying an old 40 for himself. I wrote down some web sites for him to check out, including this one.

We did a test drive that included some off-roading! There is a big dirt lot just south of the dealership which Pawel suggested we check out. Needless to say, I took it straight up and down some of the big hills -- made Pawel's eyes get real big; he wasn't expecting me to drive it over the hills, just around! I had it in 4 low (never did engage the back locker). It drove great, and had very nice approach and departure angles.

Also went 80 on the highway. Rock solid. Visibility is fine.

It drives great. Needs bumpers, sliders, lift, tires and real skid plates. It's the closest I'll ever come to being able to buy a new 40 from a dealer.

No FJ magazine for me.

Maybe we'll sell the Jetta and buy an FJ this summer. It's very nice!
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.