View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default 40's Only Run 2008

We had a great day and a great group of people on the 40's Only Run today. Thanks everyone who made it out! Those of you who couldn't make it missed a fun day of wheeling. I'm tired!

We had three vapor locked rigs, one stuck rig, lots of nearly tipping into trees, one busted exhaust pipe, and a whole bunch of fun.

We Ran Red Elephant Hill and the Mill Creek Loop, then down the lower section of Bill Moore without going to the lake. It was pretty busy with traffic on Bill Moore and most of our kidneys had had enough of a workout from the other two trails. (and our were wondering where the heck we were) Started at 8, we were off the trails by about 4 and into the I-70 traffic fun.

We ran into Uncle Ben who was getting his cruiser fix on the Bill Moore trail upon his return from Down Under. Welcome back to the states Dude! Get that 40 running.

(Note: Subzali traded in his FJ40 for an Xterra and harassed some of us on I-70 on the way to the meeting place as he passed us at high speed with his girlfriend on their way to the hills)

I'm awful with names, so I can't recall everyone who was in attendance.

We had Myself, Matt and Charlie in the Hulk with Jeff and his son too, Max and his dad and bros, Kirk who was giving his new engine a shake-down run (did I spell your name right dude? sorry if I didn't), and Bill with his dad and daughter. Bill was up from Texas visiting his dad and doing some wheeling in their big yellow 40 which had some pretty cool family history.

Hope you guys can all post up some pics and comments about the day.

I didn't get a chance to take many pics, but here's a few:

Meet-up at the BK in Downieville (Bills rig makes all ours look small )

I promptly vapor-locked, then got stuck in the sand in the tippy section up Red Elephant. No pics of the rescue, but hopefully someone will post up.

Vapor lock and unstuck, we got the group heading up the hill. 40 colors are cool.

Some scenery. What a gret day to be out wheeling. How was it in Denver today? Nice and cool up here.

The Hulk on the trail sporting the Uber-Cool pint size passanger rear jump seats.

The 40's lined up at lunch.

Posin' on the way up Mill Creek.

Bill playing on the rocks in the creek.

Matt coming through the creek. (where did that *eep come from?)

Airing up and heading home. Hope you can all come out again next year!

'85 FJ60